Saturday, July 28, 2012

Nerf Dart Tag Swarmfire Mod Guide

I know what you guys are thinking, FINALLY!!!!! A MOD GUIDE!!!!!!!! I have an explanation for the lack of posts. I really dont have any blasters to review or mod, and I've just been lazy. But I'm going to try and make a post every day i can, starting with this one. I have a few thing i want to post about, so get ready for epic mods.

Swarmfire Mod To do list:
AR removal
Spring Replacement
seal improvement
Plunger padding

To start, we obviously want to remove the batteries and the covers. There are three different screw sizes. The extra long ones go in the front of the yellow casing. smallest screws go on the rest of the yellow cover and then on the right end of the actual swarmfire. The 2 middle sized screws goon the left side of the actual swarmfire. 

Wow. Surprisingly simple.
In order to open the white gearbox, you will need to unscrew it, (there are three screws, only one of them is different, which is the smallest) then, using a flat-head screwdriver, press down on the plastic tabs holding it together. We will need to take out the plunger tube and turret.
Not that simple now am I!!!
 With The plunger tube free, your going to want to add E-tape under the o-ring. I added a maverick spring under the main one, (you can add other springs, i may actually use a different one.
The added maverick spring under the main one.

All the dart posts removed
 To remove the dart posts, I used a dremel with a utility bit, and cleaned it up a little with said bit.
no more annoying and pointless ARs.
To remove the AR on the actually plunger tube. I hammered and dremeled it out, then cleaned up the whole a little bit. As a quick note, you may find it difficult to reassemble the gear box. For plunger padding, i used felt, but i forgot to take a picture of it. Woops!

That's all! Also, this mod guide will work for the speedswarm. Obviously just less ARs to remove.

No comments:

Post a Comment